With all the information going around the internet it’s hard to decipher what’s true about Satellite TV. To be honest, the truth is eye opening. Here are some of the top myths about Satellite TV:
- Price of satellite is more expensive than cable. The facts are satellite TV offers the best value in pay TV. When you compare apples to apples, it’s not even close.
- Installation is expensive. For many years now, standard professional installation is included with most new agreements.
- The satellite equipment is expensive. In most cases, it is free to upgrade the equipment and establish service given the required criteria is met to set up an account. Additional services like high definition, digital video recorders or other technologies may be extra based upon the provider.
- Repairs are expensive. Like any service, at times the system may need to be serviced. Get additional support with the protection plan. These plans offer discounts and often warranty all the satellite equipment. Plans generally include 24/7 phone service for billing and technical support plus online access for self guided trouble shooting. In some cases, a home service visit may be necessary.
- No upgrades for existing customers. Satellite TV providers offers discounted upgrades on services like high definition and digital video recorders. Existing customers must review and meet their account criteria for qualification.
- Limited viewing to one room. Customers have the ability to view the same or multiple programs in every room of the home all in High Definition. This also includes recordings from a central digital video recorder.
- Service interruptions every time it rains or storms. When professionally installed outage experiences are generally less than a 1% per year. Unlike cable, satellite TV is known to be restored within seconds or minutes after power surges and other storm related weather.
- Satellite doesn’t provide fast service. Operations are spread throughout the nation to offer quick and reliable support with a dedicated service team and local dealerships.
- You cannot take the service when you move. This industrydelivers when it comes time to move. Selected plans may entitle a Free Mover for the System. Generally, it requires the customer to bring the set top boxes only. The provider then supplies a new satellite antenna to the new home.
- Programming Channels are limited. No matter the provider, satellite TV has options for 200 to 300 channels with over 100,000 titles on-demand and the internet.
- No Available Local Channels. Local stations are 100% available in all United States markets. If the type of account doesn’t qualify for local channels distant networks are available.